I’m not always a fan of the texture of chia seeds. Usually I have to hide them in smoothies. When I came across this recipe, in Ricardo Magazine I thought I would tweak it a bit, and give it a try. I think is pretty good, especially once you add the extras like cinnamon, coconut, pecans and bananas. A faux oatmeal, packed full of Omega 3 fatty acids, protein and fibre.
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Full Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Chia Seeds
- 2 TBSP Shredded Coconut (Unsweetened)
- 1 TBSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and set in fridge for at least half hour. I like to make it in the evening, to eat for breakfast.
- 1 Green Tipped Banana, Sliced
- Pecan Pieces (Or whichever nuts you choose. I also like to add sunflower seeds.)
- Shredded Coconut (Unsweetened)
- Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
After the detox, I will definitely continue to make this. I think my kids might even like it with a little drizzle of pure maple syrup.