I’m pretty certain this is going to become my new “go to” comfort food. Seriously, its so good. Cauliflower, four kinds of cheese, and apple-wood smoked bacon. How could you possibly go wrong with those ingredients?
Baked Cauliflower & Cheese
1.5-2 Heads of Cauliflower. Chopped into pieces a little bigger than bite sized.
5 Slices Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon. Cooked & Chopped
2.5 Loosely Packed Cups Grated Sharp Cheddar. Use 1 Cup For Sauce And Set Aside 1.5 Cups For Later Use.
1 Loosely Packed Cup Grated Parmesan
1 Loosely Packed Cup Grated Asiago
1/2 Block Of Cream Cheese (Or 125 g)
4 TBSP Cream
2 Cloves Pressed Garlic
1 Small Onion, Diced Finely
1/4 TSP. Nutmeg
Sea Salt To Taste
Preheat Oven To 350 Degrees.
1. Steam Cauliflower Pieces until cooked al dente
2. Melt all the cheese (except 1.5 cups sharp cheddar in reserve) in a pot with the cream, onions, garlic, nutmeg and salt.
3. Mix cheese sauce and cooked cauliflower in a bowl. Stir in the cooked bacon pieces.
4. Pour the cauliflower and cheese mixture into a 8.5 x 11 sized baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with .5 cup of the left over cheddar.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Uncover spread remaining cheese across the top and put the dish under the broiler until cheese is crispy. Should only take a couple minutes.
8. Let cool for about 8-10 minutes.